Sunday, March 14, 2010

Proof that if you add enough sugar I LIKE BANANAS



This banana bread recipe has been rattling around our family for a few generations and has been enjoyed by many. When Aubrey was about three years old I was making this treat while she was sitting on the counter watching. She looked at me and exclaimed Mommy, you look beautiful when you make banana bread. So cute, my heart melted! I added a streusel top because....you can't use too much sugar!

Banana Bread
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup canola oil
2 cups of banana (about 4 bananas)
2 tsp salt
4 eggs
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
Mix the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla
Add flour and baking soda
mix in mashed bananas

Pour into muffin cups
top with Streusel
1/8 cup oats
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup cold butter cubed

Mix all ingredients until pea size balls form

top filled muffin cups with streusel
bake in muffin cups at 350 for 30 min

1 comment:

  1. um, yum. I adore this recipe. I am going to steal it now. Love you Terri!

    ReplyDelete