Friday, May 13, 2011

wedding season

Wedding season is upon us. In addition to our daughter Courtney's wedding we have about 12 more this summer. What fun. This week I, along with some dear friends, hosted a shower for the soon to be Bri Robinson. I got a bunch of white roses (is there anything better) and filled the room.
I made these love bottles using stencil, tape and paint. I used the word "love" but you could send any message you like. I'm thinking about "Its a Boy or Girl" and using a different colored paint. Really the possibilities are endless. I put a line of ten bottles across the food table. It turned out really cute.

We served french bubbly lemonade. I think I could drink one bottle on my own.

I broke out my depression era luncheon plates and cups.

Lastly, I made this wonderful lemon cake and was amazed with my success at recreating the rose effect I learned on an on line tutorial. There were lots of yummy deserts...some of which we are still eating. Great company, a beautiful bride, and fabulous gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment