Sunday, August 22, 2010

Local Girls-- Applesauce anyone??

I start with free apples from my Mom's tree. I love the way they look in this old pail.



I use my Grandma Larson's apple slicer to core and slice all of the apples. It works like a snap and I like to think of my beloved Grandma's hands holding this tool.



After cooking a stock pot full of apples with a little sugar and cinnamon, I fill the sieve with apples and push them through the holes of the sieve with the wooden paddle. The hot apple sauce drips from the outside of the sieve into the bowl. At this point, Im already imagining a pile of pancakes topped with this deliciousness.



Finally, there it is. Apples to apple sauce.

2 comments:

  1. above comment??

    yum momsie looks incredibleeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what that comment is all about, but Im sure there is something in it for THEM.

    ReplyDelete